Blow-in loose-fill fiberglass insulation is a premium alternative. These small pieces of fiberglass insulation are blown into attics, non-conforming spaces and hard-to-reach areas, like corners, edges and around framing.
When blown fiberglass insulation is applied to the recommended thickness and specifications, you can be assured that your home is energy-efficient, with minimal heat loss. It won’t settle, decay or provide food for animals or microbes. Blown fiberglass is effective for the life of your home.
- Attics – Can be installed up to R-70 (RSI-12.3) over 1⁄2″ ceiling drywall without exceeding ceiling weight limits.
- Non-conforming spaces – Insulation projects out of the hose several feet, filling in large areas and small gaps quickly and completely
- Formaldehyde-free – will not off-gas formaldehyde in the indoor environment.
- Thermal Efficiency – provides effective resistance to heat transfer. Loose-fill fibre glass insulation settles only 1 to 3 percent, for no loss of R-value (RSI) after installation
- Sound Control – reduces transmission of sound through attics and floor/ceiling assemblies
- Fire-resistant and Non-combustible
- Non-corrosive – does not accelerate corrosion of pipes, wiring or metal studs
- Durable – it will not rot, mildew or otherwise deteriorate. Loose-fill fiberglass insulation will not hold moisture and will not suffer permanent loss of R-value (RSI).
- Fast, Clean Applications – quickly insulates attics or spaces of any size or shape without cutting or fitting, for minimal scrap and low dust levels
- Complete Coverage – effective in tight spaces, areas with large amounts of cross-bridging or areas with small nooks and crannies